Mail Shark, a print and direct mail company based out of Mohnton, Pennsylvania, is actively seeking one Graphic Design Artist Intern that will create Marketing artwork for Genesius Theatre.
As an intern, you will work under the leadership of Genesius Theatre’s Marketing Director, Jordan Baylor, who is also Mail Shark’s Lead Graphic Design Artist & Pre-Press Production Manager. Since 2009, Jordan has believed in the Mail Shark Internship program because it has allowed him to prepare 14 Graphic Design Artists for the real world, 7 out of which ended up gaining a full-time Graphic Design Artist position at Mail Shark.
Anyone interested in this opportunity should email their resume and some of their best artwork samples to email@example.com
Custom schedules with conflict consideration challenges are welcomed and not deterred from applying! Upon completing the minimum requirement of 180 hours, participants acquire a professionally printed certificate of completion and any of your internship artwork can be requested to be professionally printed so you may add these items to your business and art portfolios. Start as early as May 2018!
Occurring at Mail Shark
4195 New Holland Rd, Mohnton PA 19540
Mail Shark was founded in 2008 by Brian Johnson and started as a direct mail company that developed direct mail solutions for pizza shops.
In 2012 they expanded their expertise to include commercial printing when they purchased a 30,000 square foot facility that allowed their team to bring all design, printing, and mailing services in-house. With even greater control over their processes, they were able to provide a wider selection of direct mail products to their clients along with exceptional quality and service.
In 2016 their 30,000 square foot facility was expanded to 60,000 square feet to accommodate their growing customer base, and their growing team.
Targeted Solutions, LLC
Job Title: Graphic Design Artist Internship
Department: Prepress Production
Reports To: The Lead Graphic Design Artist / Prepress Production Manager
Summary: A simulation of what it’s like to provide day-to-day artwork creation & support for a singular live client, while working closely with a leader to perform some or all of the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Creates quality marketing material for a singular live client in order to help them grow existing or new business.
• Creates quality marketing materials of specialized products that are solely created in-house and not distributed to external freelance artists including and beyond 2-Sided Box Toppers, Monthly Box Toppers, Monthly Box Topper Templates, Monthly New Mover Postcards, Monthly Birthday Mailer Postcards, the recreation vector tracing of low resolution logos, photo retouching of customer provided photography & the manipulation / creation of customer artwork to meet the specs of the customer’s own personal endeavors such as billboards / posters / menu boards / monitor displays / custom size jobs etc.
• Steps up as the new artist of a product in place of another artist when artwork is needing rescued or corrected for various reasons including and beyond absent artist, missing artist, artist communication break, deadline day quick fixes, etc.
• Verifies marketing materials meet template requirements and client / instructions / change requests, and finalizes marketing products that adhere to company and client standards, preparing PDFs for production needs, verifying / preparing / packaging artwork correctly once approved.
• Understands attention to detail is crucial while ensuring error free material with thorough proof reading.
• Prioritizes, accomplishes & balances workflow in accordance to project importance / deadlines; expectation to manage a workflow spreadsheet that prioritizes duties; expectation to execute and prioritize multiple tasks; expectation to perform in a fast-paced environment that meets daily, weekly & monthly deadlines.
• Maintains neat, organized file structure on all computers that one comes into contact with, maintaining low storage by archiving and backing up for future reference.
• Operates in a team environment while independently and collectively working toward similar goals.
• Keeps calm during situations of constructive feedback or making a mistake; handles all feedback in a professional manner, prioritizing customers who complain.
• Maintains neat organized desk space, especially prior to leaving the building.
• Performs other duties as needed.
See Educational requirements. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports, and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Google Docs Spreadsheet, Some Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat (not required, but a plus), Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Mail Applications, Mac OS, Windows OS
Ideally, the internship should be applied towards an effort to obtain an Associate’s degree (A. A. / A. S.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; Alternatively, the internship can be applied towards an effort to self teach or further expand upon known skills an individual obtained by self-teaching or technical training during high school.
• Standard iMac Computer
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
Strong ability to receive and handle in-depth constructive criticism
• Time management
• Organizational skills
• Proofreading – spelling and fine line design symmetry
• Oral and written communication skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk, hear, and light lifting. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus, and ability to see color.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather), moving mechanical part, and fumes or airborne particles, and extreme heat.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
An individual must be available for 180 hours of service within a 4 month time period at least 2 days a week for a minimum of 5 hours per scheduled shift.
Participants will receive a Certificate of Completion at the end of their required 180 hours.